Mental Health Tips
1. Make face-to-face social connections a priority. Spend time with friends or family every week and talk to someone on the phone or in person every day.
2. Get physically active. Go for a walk, do some gardening, swim, play tennis. Anything that gets you moving.
3. Eat a brain-healthy diet. Some examples are fish, nuts, blueberries, leafy green vegetables, eggs, green tea. Drink lots of water.
4. Get a good night’s rest. You should be in bed for 7-8 hours every night. No screens in the bedroom. Leave your bedroom window open to let in fresh air.
a. There are negative ions in the air which increase the happiness chemicals in our brains. We need to be breathing in fresh air as much as possible.
5. Write down 3 things every day that you are grateful for.
6. Do 1 relaxation activity every day such as mindfulness or meditation.
7. Manage your stress. Let go of things you have no control over. Deal with situations you do have control over.
8. Journal every day.
9. Tackle something you are good at to build your self-confidence.
10. Try something new. A new recipe, a new hobby, a new route on the way to work, a new restaurant.
11. Join a self-help group if you are struggling.
12. Do something FUN every day even if it is only for a few minutes.
13. Go off the grid for 24 hours every couple of weeks. No phone, internet, just enjoy whatever is around you. Go for a walk, drive, hike and focus on what you are doing in the present moment.
14. Play with an animal.
15. Do variety puzzles or jigsaw puzzles to challenge your brain.
16. Avoid smoking, vaping and alcohol.
17. Surround yourself with supportive people.
19. Set realistic goals.
20. Check in with your doctor regularly.
21. Have a spending plan. Getting control over your finances will reduce anxiety.
Disclaimer: The materials provided on this website are for informational purposes only and the accuracy of said material is not to be relied upon. The author shall in no way be held liable or responsible for any use of the contents on this website. The author shall not be responsible for your use of the information contained in or linked in the materials provided on this website.